Monday 6 June 2011

WHO is fighting for you?

The world health organization is combating sickness all over the world. WHO is also trying to improve living conditions for people, particularly women, in Africa and other developing countries around the world. Diseases like AIDS and HIV are having a very damaging affect on people and is so common that, it may become a dangerous threat if a cure is not found. As a global citizen, I hope to see more people take an interest in issues like disease and gender equality and also worker rights. I do not like how the developing countries are often taken advantage of because of the less strict rules. People need to stand up to transnationals and they have in the case of Shell, when it was benefiting from the war in Sudan. Over all, I believe that WHO has helped a great deal and I hope to see more progress in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment